Under minimal supervision fabricate and install upholstery, cover panels, and make simple patterns for aircraft interiors using design/engineering drawings and aircraft specifications.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fabricate, using design/engineering drawings and aircraft specifications, cover and install flat panels
and curtains. May sew simple covers using design/engineering drawings and aircraft specifications.
- Work with fabric, vinyl and leather hides, composites and other materials using specified adhesives,
sewing equipment, hardware, hand tools and various power tools.
- Cut and surge carpets, cover bulkheads and cover/install panels. May be responsible to fabricate various
metal parts, fit panels and windows, cabin head liners, upper sidewalls, lower side panels, hatch panels,
- Use the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work.
- Work with lead and higher skilled technicians to develop and implement process improvements that
increase safety, reduce, cost, cycle time, and man-hours using Lean Manufacturing and other process
- Use the material tracking system, Corridor, to create parts demands, track squawks and to sign-off work.
- Comply with safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies and use personal protective equipment as required.
- Address unsafe conditions before putting others as risk. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand proficiently the English language.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation.
- Ability to use measuring tools and perform basic math computations.
- Must be computer literate.
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small, restricted areas, lift to 40 pounds and work any shift.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Able to work second shift.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 2 years’ experience using commercial sewing machines, sergers and/or various hand tools used in
upholstery and carpet trades.
- Experience in aerospace industry preferred.