Under moderate supervision fabricate and install upholstery, cover panels, and make simple patterns for aircraft interiors using design/engineering drawings and aircraft specifications.
- Must have excellent knowledge with working with hand tools.
- Must be willing to learn task associated with cabin chair fabrication and assembly.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Entry level position.
- Experience using commercial sewing machines, sergers and/or various hand tools used in upholstery and carpet trades is preferred.
- Perform technical upholstery functions within design, customer, FAA, and employer specifications.
- Specific installation and trim tasks are to be completed in compliance with work order instructions and specifications.
- Fit panels and windows, cabin head liners, upper sidewalls, lower side panels, hatch panels, windows, cut and surge carpets, cover bulkheads, fabricate various metal parts, and covering and installation of panels.
- Create carpet patterns per design drawings and complete installation.
- Use the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand proficiently the English language.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation.
- Ability to use measuring tools and perform basic math computations.
- Must be computer literate.
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.