Under close supervision, lay out and construct tools from Tool Design, Engineering drawings and/or hand sketches to meet scheduled deadlines and quality standards.
- With the assistance of other Toolmakers, set up and operate tool shop machinery and equipment to fabricate and assemble quality tooling.
- Perform simple calculations of material needs and other requirements.
- Set up and utilize precision measuring tools; check own work for conformance to specifications.
- Assist with tool prove out on new and reworked detail tooling.
- Comply with all safety regulations and maintain a neat and orderly work area.
- Operate cart and forklift.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have a good understanding and ability to apply shop math. Ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 1 year machine shop experience and/or machine shop training at a Vocational Technical School.
- Valid Driver’s License required.