1. Associate's Degree in drafting, design, engineering, or manufacturing technology required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
2. 2 years related experience.
3. Familiarity with CATIA, SmarTeam, and basic personal computing.
4. Basic knowledge of engineering, engineering procedures and design drawing standards.
5. The ability to design aircraft interior furnishings (furniture, panels, seats, etc.) and systems (water/waste, oxygen, electrical routing, etc.) using CATIA V5 in accordance with company design standards.
6. Experience with communicating and documenting design changes using standard processes.
Under direct supervision, performs a variety of basic engineering tasks in a specialized area, receiving instruction as to the tasks required and the expected results. Prepares and maintains mechanical datasets for engineering drawings with the assistance and direction of more experienced engineering personnel.
1. Applies knowledge of common design and drafting principles, guidelines, specifications and standards to create basic layouts, sketches, models, and drawings.
2. Obtains form, fit and functional data and verification from engineers or senior designers.
3. Coordinates drawing requirements and release with engineers and senior engineers.
4. Reconciles and integrates the input of engineers.
5. Develops and recommends alternatives to simplify and clarify design intent.
6. Incorporates information from sketches, notes, layouts and markups to produce graphic representations of designs using CATIA.
7. Reviews work for accuracy and completeness prior to drawing check.
8. Follows established procedures to produce and revise electronic datasets.
1. Good analytical, interpersonal, communication and visualization skills.
2. Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.