Lead, direct and manage the daily functions of the Shop Floor Control area including direct
supervision of all shop floor control personnel of assigned area.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
1. High school education or equivalent
2. 4 years relevant work experience
3. Demonstrated leadership ability
4. Ability to lead and supervise employees to accomplish objectives successfully, including the
training and coordination of these employees
5. Must be familiar with capacity analysis and shop loading practices
6. Proven strong initiative and interpersonal skills including strong written and verbal
7. Proficiency with computer systems, including Scheduling systems, Manufacturing Execution
Systems and Microsoft Office applications
8. Excellent analytical skills
9. Must communicate well and work effectively with shop personnel, various levels of management
and other departments
10. Able to function throughout total facility, including up and down stairs and in and out of aircraft
with or without accommodation
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Bachelor’s Degree
2. Computer literacy with experience in word processing, spreadsheet and database software
3. Must possess good working knowledge of the skills required in shops under his/her leadership
4. Knowledge and familiarity with aircraft engineering design (drawings or 3D data), specifications
and other technical data necessary for aircraft completion
5. Strong planning capabilities
6. Ability and willingness to analyze and resolve problems
PRINCIPAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS):
- Lead, develop and supervise Shop Floor Control personnel of assigned Back shop area
(Manufacturing, Upholstery, and Cabinet Shop) including participating in hiring/termination
processes, authorizing vacation and sick time and evaluating the performance of direct reports.
- Coordinate with various functional departments to achieve Shop Floor Control objectives.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of all department issued schedules and reports.
- Assist in developing departmental procedures as necessary.
- Provide training for employees assigned to the Shop Floor Control area.
- Ensure accurate communication regarding aircraft status, turnover reports or pertinent issues
- Develop, plan and assist with the assigned area to implement cost reductions.
- Assist in the creation/deployment of recovery plans for assigned area.
- Monitor and track performance of assigned area pertaining to the Industrial Master Schedule
- Monitor and assist expediting and resolution of problems concerning IMS production orders.
- Assist in coordination with assigned area to insure the load/capacity balancing is in line, adjust
when and where necessary.
Both normal office conditions and manufacturing environments. Must be able to work for long
periods at a computer terminal. Cannot be sensitive to manufacturing noise (riveting, drilling,
machining, aircraft engines running, etc.).