- Primary liaison between the company and one or more suppliers.
- In support of one or more commodities, establish cost-effective, optimal military development contracts supporting manufacturing.
- Partner with a commodity business analyst to design and manage a military development contracting approach that will place a large majority of commodity spend on LTC with a rationalized supply base that delivers superior cost and availability.
- Lead supplier management initiatives including evaluation of current and existing suppliers for strategic fit, preparing and issuing requests for proposal (RFPs), and facilitating the bid evaluation and down-selection process.
- Prepares negotiation strategies and conducts contract negotiations and finalizes contract award, with resources such as cost scenario models, contracting strategy techniques, and negotiation support tools.
- Maintains compliance with all contracting regulations, industry standards, and internal administrative requirements.
- Partners with Engineering Design Teams, Finance, Legal, and other internal stakeholders to create optimal solutions including cost effectiveness, compliance, and customer satisfaction.
- Assess, maintain, and utilize Bell information management systems for reports/metrics, correspondence, files, presentations, analyses, and contract administration.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, or related program. (In lieu of degree, will consider a combination of education and 5 to 6 years of additional work experience to be equivalent to a bachelor’s degree.)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with Long-Term Contracting, Strategic Sourcing strategy and techniques, military development contract negotiations, financial analysis/forecasting, cost analysis of commodity / raw materials.
- Demonstrated experience with cost analyses and understanding direct/indirect commodity pricing.
- Demonstrated experience with handling contract negotiations
- Requires intermediate to high level ability in MS Excel: creating formulas, pivot tables and VLookups at a minimum
- Demonstrated ability to be successful in the face of ambiguity.
- Proficient in MS Suite required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including presentation skills to company leaders.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience in strategic sourcing, supplier and commodity management, supplier relationships, or military development contracts
- Preferred proficiency in SAP, ENOVIA, QlikView, PowerBI, or other similar software application.
- Green Belt Six Sigma certification.
- Hands on analytical experience in a commodity.
- Experience applying Six Sigma / Lean Principles / Tools.
- DOD / Government Contracts Processes is a plus; Prefer familiarity with FAR/DFARS and USG acquisition process
- Functional knowledge of Canadian Government regulations (and multi other international government regs); potential perform work for entities in Canada