Under general supervision fabricates, installs, calibrates, validates, and maintains data acquisition systems in support of Flight Test engineering data collection for aircraft certification and product improvements. Performs a variety of duties with general assistance in the electronic, mechanical, and electro-mechanical fields in Flight Test. Duties include installation, checkout, calibrations, validations, maintenance, and operation of instrumentation and data acquisition systems in support of flight and ground testing for research, development, and certification of employer aircraft.
The Structural Test team is responsible for executing tests in support of company and certification requirements for current and future employer products. Structural Test includes testing in support of aircraft structures, powerplant, electrical systems, mechanical systems, flight deck, and flight controls. Testing could include static and fatigue structural, flammability, or experimental.
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Willing to think outside the box to develop unique solutions to challenges.
- Excellent with multitasking and able to quickly shift priorities.
- Familiar with MS Office software
- Experience with Computer Hardware Maintenance.
- Understand, operate, and maintain Computer Hardware (Servers, Desktops and Laptops)
- Understand, operate, and maintain time synchronized Computer Networking (PTP/NTP/STP)
- Familiarity with Cisco Network Assistant Software.
- Understand, configure and manage Virtual Local Area Network
- Understand, operate Large Data Backup System
- Familiarity with software coding (MS Visual Basic, NI LabView , Phyton, PLC Codes (LD, SFC, FDB, ST or IL)
- Experience with MS SharePoint Software
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Associate's Degree in Electronics Engineering Technology required or a related curriculum or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 0-1 years experience or 2 years experience in a related technical discipline.
- Maintain/Update test equipment (computers Servers, Desktops and laptops)
- Perform highly complex duties in the design, development, installation, upgrade, monitoring, and maintenance of the wired and wireless network infrastructure.
- Establishes network specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
- Establishes network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
- Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor.
- Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
- Upgrades network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
- Maintain/ inventory all active test equipment available in Structural Test through software/hardware lifecycle.
- Develop and maintain a SharePoint database website.
- Perform activities in support of static, fatigue, flammability, full-scale aircraft, component level, and coupon testing. Future plans.
- Fabricates and installs electrical harnesses and instrumentation components per flight test engineering via drawings, blueprints, and general direction.
- Assists in checkouts, calibrations, and validations of instrumentation installations.
- Assists with data acquisition system equipment and wiring maintenance.
- Assist with the operation of test equipment for data acquisition. Performs data system preflight test procedures.
- Assists with troubleshooting and repairing all aircraft instrumentation systems and their respective components pertaining to acquisition signal conditioners, recorders, video equipment, telemetry systems and associated wiring.
- Maintains daily logs and other paperwork as required. to include aircraft maintenance forms and records.
- Provides technical assistance in other areas of Flight Test as required.
- Maintain good housekeeping in all areas to include instrumentation shop, hangars, break area and office.
- Attend department safety meetings and demonstrate safe work practice.
- Perform other duties as assigned.