In a team oriented work environment, independently performs a variety of structural assembly operations using required tools and appropriate prints, specs and operational requirements to complete work assignment, and ensure conformance to specification. Assists and instructs other team members.
- Use ability as a skilled specialist to contribute to the development of employees and techniques and completes work in innovative and effective ways.
- Perform assembly and fitting of detail parts and structures and varied drilling and riveting operations; ensures parts/assembly meet requirements.
- Possess the proven ability to move to new tasks with only a minimal, short-term impact to established goal hours and schedule.
- Rivet structural assemblies and parts using all tools required. to do the job (e.g. portable riveting guns, pneumatic drills, counter sinks, rivet shavers, files, reamers, rivets). Must display the ability to remove fasteners without damaging structures.
- Read work orders, blueprints, lofts, sketches, and operation sheets to determine sequence of operations, type size and hole pattern for rivets.
- Check all work and ensure a defect free assembly prior to final inspection.
- Instruct and assist other team members in interpretation of blueprints, drawings, and engineering orders; develop methods and shop aids to resolve production installation difficulties and problems.
- Maintain and use all logs and records (e.g. MIR sheets, DMTs, Crabs, PCOs).
- Align and assembles parts to be riveted using jigs, holding fixtures, pins, clamps, and fasteners.
- Make repairs per Discrepant Material Tags (DMT), Material Review Request (MRR), Production Change Orders (PCO), performs necessary rework to ensure installations meet conformity. .
- Plan and organize workloads and resource requirements to meet or exceed goal hours and schedule expectations.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area, supports the company 5S, Lean Initiative Program, and complies with all safety regulations.
- Support Lean Activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Good working knowledge of computers and related software.
- Must be able to read and interpret blue prints.
- Must be skilled in close tolerance work and have knowledge of use of special tools and equipment. - - ------ Should be able to use all tools required to do the job.
- Must be able to use mathematical formulas by solving dimensional problems using fractions, decimal fractions and whole numbers.
- Thorough knowledge in the use of multiple measuring devices, demonstrated ability to use within specified tolerance.
- Must be able to work any shift.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to climb ladders, stands, stairs and work in small spaces and/or restricted areas.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 4 years related structural assembly experience.
- Experience working with Solumnia and Smarteam preferred. Q-stamp preferred.