In a team oriented work environment, under moderate supervision, performs a variety of structural assembly operations in a production department.
- Perform assembly and fitting of detail parts and structures and varied drilling and riveting operations; ensures parts/assembly meet requirements.
- Rivet structural assemblies and parts using all tools required to do the job (e.g. portable riveting guns, pneumatic guns, pneumatic drills, counter sinks, rivet shavers, files, reamers, rivets).
- Read work orders, blueprints, lofts, sketches, and operation sheets to determine sequence of operations, type size and hole pattern for rivets.
- Check all work and ensure a defective free assembly prior to final inspection.
- Maintain and use all logs and records (e.g. MIR sheets, DMTs, Crabs, PCOs).
- Align and assemble parts to be riveted using jigs, holding fixtures, pins, clamps, and fasteners.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area, supports the company 5S Program and complies with all safety regulations.
- Work under moderate supervision on duties and tasks.
- Support Lean Activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read and interpret basic blueprints.
- Read and interpret 6" scale.
- Basic computer skills.
- Must be able to read a scale and perform basic shop math.
- Read and comprehend basic documents and instructions.
- Must have essential personal skills, which include an aptitude for hands-on craftwork, a professional attitude, attention to detail, ability to work with people and to meet demanding schedules.
- Must demonstrate good housekeeping and safety practices.
- Ability to work with composite resins and materials.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work any shift.
- Must be able to climb ladders/stands/stairs and work in small spaces and/or restricted areas.
- Familiarization on interior bag and blanket installs, floor-boards and various other close out panels.
- Must be able to read blue prints and familiar with aircraft conventional tools.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 1 year related structural assembly experience.
- Experience working with Solumina and Smarteam preferred.
- One year experience credit considered for graduates of Savannah Tech Aircraft Structures Technical Certificate Program.