Assists with the planning, coordination, performance of design, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the development and production of employer products and services
- Candidate will be performing structural analysis of employer interior monuments using FEA and classical hand analysis. Responsibilities will include both the analysis and certification documentation. The ideal candidate will have experience in the following:
- Use of finite element analysis for both primary and secondary structures required. Working knowledge of FEMAP required.
- Experience performing structural analysis on interior furnishing is preferred.
- A good understanding of a fast paced completion-style environment
- Primary structures experience preferred. MRB experience is preferred.
- Experience working with company delegated structural AR's/DERs in an ODA environment in support of new and unique STC certification of aircraft installations preferred.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 5 years in specific technical discipline or 10 years broad engineer experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors.
- Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters, 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
- Contributes to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects .
- Provides specialized technical assistance to team members .
- Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems .
- Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives .
- Works under limited supervision; work should only be required. to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives .
- Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area .
- Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements .
- Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product .
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced degree in engineering related field preferred
- The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline