To build a variety of routine sheet metal parts and assemblies.
- Works from blueprints, work orders, templates, oral and written instructions to fabricate and assemble sheet metal parts where detailed instructions are available but minor decisions and some judgment is required to meet specifications.
- Assists with the development of shop aids, jigs and fixtures in the assembly of experimental sheet metal structures.
- Uses a variety of precision measuring instruments such as calipers, protractors, micrometer and scale.
- Operates power equipment such as drill motor, rivet gun, saw, hydraulic press, hand roll, shear and power brake.
- Responsible only for own work.