- The Sheetmetal Technician Senior works under minimal supervision to safely lay-out, fabricate and install
parts equipment and fabricated items on aircraft following established operating procedures.
- All work performed should be in accordance with company design specifications, quality standards and
completed work should meet customer expectations.
- Mentor and train other Sheetmetal Technicians.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use complicated schematics/blueprints, engineering drawings and technical instructions to safely
perform Sheetmetal layout, fabrication, and installation of parts, equipment, or fabricated items on
aircraft. Coordinate with supervision and Inspection to ensure compliance with internal and FAA
paperwork, signoffs, and quality specifications.
- Mentor and train Sheetmetal Technicians, as required. Review their work prior to sign off to ensure work
complies with quality control standards.
- Oversee projects or other technicians and assesses requirements of assigned tasks to procure required.
materials and documentation for assigned tasks.
- Use blueprints to cut and form plastics and follow standard operating procedures when using adhesives,
sealants, and solvents.
- Utilizing tools as required. to shape and form complex angles and configurations according to blueprint
specifications or written/verbal information.
- Safely operate shop equipment such as: brakes, presses, riveting equipment, shears, and hand tools
associated with Sheetmetal functions. Use the proper hardware for various Sheetmetal applications.
- Comply with all safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies. Uses personal protective equipment as required.
Ensures aircraft is protected (PTP).
- Conduct monthly 5S audits, as required.
- Use the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work.
- Assist in developing initiatives to meet individual OGSM requirements, as required.
- Work closely with lead to develop and implement process improvements that increase safety, reduce
cost, cycle time, and man hours.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities (e.g., YIAW, Kaizen events, etc.)
- Coordinate with other disciplines concerning projects.
- Perform Lead responsibilities, as required. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced knowledge of Sheetmetal or fabrication processes (forming, drilling, stamping, shaping,
bending, punching, cutting, riveting, filing, and dimpling).
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation.
- Valid driver’s license required. to operate towing and other employer transportation equipment.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand proficiently the English language.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Adapts to sudden schedule changes.
- Able to use tools and equipment associated with Sheetmetal work.
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small, restricted areas, lift to 40 pounds and work any shift.
- Must have a good working knowledge of computers and experience working with Microsoft Office suite.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Requires experience in aircraft/aviation Sheetmetal and structures fabrication/repair/modifications.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Four (4) years of Sheetmetal and/or fabrication experience.
- Experience in aerospace industry preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License required.