Under minimal supervision using conventional and N/C equipment manufactures, repair, rework and inspect a wide range of complex machine parts both new and customer property from engineering drawings/specifications using written or computer based instructions.
- Manual machining experience required, CNC experience and R&D machine shop work preferred.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 5 years machining experience or equivalent, to include at least 2 years vocational/technical training.
- Must be able to read and understand complicated blueprints, sketches and tool designs.
- Setup and proficiently operate conventional machining equipment and must be familiar with N/C equipment.
- Manufacture and repair a wide range of complex detail parts and customer property from engineering drawings/specifications, dispositions and plaster cast.
- Plans and lays out work from engineering drawings and specifications.
- Performs all calculations of material and selects proper cutting tools and determines speeds and feeds for optimal performance.
- Sets up and uses precision measuring tools and checks own work for conformance to specifications. .
- Design and manufacture shop aids for prototyping.
- Assist and trains junior level machinist.
- Communicates detailed turnovers to other machinist, verbally and written.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Operate cart and forklift.
- Complies with all 5S and Environmental, Health and Safety requirements.
- Must be able to access, analyze and interpret three dimensional electronic models.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to apply shop mathematics including trigonometry functions.
- Must be proficient in operating all machine shop machinery and the use of precision measuring devices.