In a team oriented environment, perform all tasks in Initial Phase Manufacturing, Composites, Final Phase in a timely and efficient manner to ensure aircraft parts, sub-assemblies, major assemblies, and installations are built to type design data.
Previous employer experience preferred, but not required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 1 year quality inspection experience or 2 years GAC manufacturing experience required.
- 2 years manufacturing experience or equivalent aerospace experience preferred.
- Other Formal Inspection Training Program 90 Days required.
- Perform inspection duties utilizing engineering drawings and orders, route cards, inspection travelers, work instructions, technical specifications, QA procedures and instructions, and other related documents.
- Perform preliminary and progressive inspections of aircraft structure and systems, verify functional operation, final inspections, inspect for FOD and verify paperwork. Witness, verify and document specified manufacturing process steps.
- Perform conformity/first article inspections to ensure compliance with FAA approved procedures.
- Ensure the proper use and storage of area tools and equipment.
- Conduct work in a manner that enhances own/other employees health and safety, product safety and promotes risk reduction; participate openly in safety-related event investigations, and immediately report workplace hazards and make suggestions for control; cooperate and contribute toward the overall success of the Safety program at the local level.
- Provide technical support to manufacturing personnel.
- Perform area inspections to ensure compliance with applicable standards and specifications.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of shop mathematics, and CATIA or blueprint reading and interpretation.
- Competent in the use of basic shop tools and equipment.