Responsible for providing technical support in conducting investigations on known Quality issues under the oversight of a QAEII. Implements plans and instructions in support of departmental policies. The QAE will work to determine Root cause and corrective action for known Quality issues using the 8D methodology and validated by the audit group. Ensures compliance with all applicable regulations and promotes a good working relationship with local regulatory authorities. Ensures a safe, conforming and quality product is delivered to our customers.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, aviation sciences, quality systems or related technical field required or an equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Entry level.
- Assures that the investigations on Quality issues are conducted according to department procedures and work instructions.
- Actively identifies and completes process improvement projects related to achieving improved quality or efficiency of Quality processes.
- Maintains a high level of customer satisfaction (internal and external customers).
- Works with other departments and/or disciplines.
- Develops and maintains a FOD free environment.
- Executes company policies and procedures; develops new procedures as required.
- Promotes and encourages a continuous improvement culture.
- Supports the operating priorities as identified by the Quality leadership team. .
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- An Airframe & Powerplant (A&P) License can be used in combination with 4 years of related experience (in addition to the experience requirements below) in lieu of the degree requirement.
- ASQ certification (CQE) and/or experience as a FAA recognized airworthiness designee is highly preferred.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Familiar with Lean/Six Sigma processes.
- Ability to learn manufacturing processes (i.e., Assembly, Machining, Special Process, Inspection, etc.).
- Good communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Proficient computer skills.