Assist the Return to Service Documentation Analyst in the preparation and completion of all documentation required. to return aircraft to service in accordance with F.A.R. 43.9 and F.A.R. 43.11.
- Ability to speak / understand Spanish / Portugese is a plus - but not required.
- Strong computer skills with MS programs (MS Word, Excel, etc.) is a must.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 1 year administrative experience or completion of Technical Certificate in Business Administration preferred or successful completion in current year youth apprenticeship program sponsored by employer.
Prepare aircraft logbook entries for the release of the aircraft back into service after maintenance with the following documents:
- Inspection/maintenance records for aircraft, engines and apu
- Removal and installation record
- Supplement equipment list
- Airworthiness directives
- Technical directives to include ASCs, CBs and ACBs; FAA Form 337
- Inspection/maintenance record CMP attachment.
- Process completed work orders for microfilming.
- Prepare and deliver the Delivery and Technical Acceptance Reports.
- Prepare shipping memos and mail customers CMP, Logbook entries, etc.
- Provide cover letters for all correspondence with customers.
- Review 8130-3 forms against what is typed in the Removal and Installation Record for accuracy of part and serial numbers.
- Proofing of all work prior to an analyst reviewing.
- Update office databases for captured statements.
- Coordinate office equipment repairs.
- Place orders for Return to Service office supplies.
- Be willing to work overtime and weekends as the work load dictates.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to type 35 words per minute.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Access). Must possess a comprehensive working knowledge of setting up electronic file structures for record storage and retrieval.