Directs and coordinates activities of production department(s) in processing materials or manufacturing products in industrial organization by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
- Reviews production orders or schedules to ascertain product data such as types, quantities, and
specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates are in order to plan department operations
- Plans production operations, establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products in order to
meet defined customer expectations for quality and delivery
- Motivates and leads production staff for maximum productivity and employee engagement
- Prepares operational schedules and coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meets specifications
- Drives process improvements throughout production environment
- Works closely with other departments to ensure on-time delivery and customer satisfaction
- Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance
problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays
- Inspects machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization
- Develops or revises standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure
compliance with standards
- Compiles, stores, and retrieves production data
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Proficient with Outlook, ERP Manufacturing software and time and attendance payroll systems
- Assist with EH&S, Haz-Mat, and First Aid Safety duties as required.
- Responsible for the oversight of the applicable industry standards and regulatory requirements (AS9100,
ISO 13485, FAA, and FDA, as applicable)
Job Specifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Proven leadership skills
- AS9100 / ISO 13485 Quality Systems experience
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and multitask
- Excellent organization skills with strong attention to detail
- Excellent teamwork skills and high degree of initiative required
- Excellent communication both written and verbal
- Work independently and possess a high level of self-motivation and initiative
- Must be proficient with MS Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Authority to manage personnel and processes related to administrative controls, business needs, and
Education, Certifications and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- 5+ years related experience and /or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Working conditions are normal for that of a manufacturing/machine shop/office environment.
All employees are expected to adhere to Company safety policies and wear personal protective equipment
when exposed to work areas or performing tasks where it is required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.