Under minimal supervision, the Procurement Specialist I is responsible for the procurement of
assigned commodities and services required to support employer’ business goals. Uses best procurement practices to obtain lowest total cost of ownership for assigned items.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs purchasing duties to plan and procure supplies, materials, equipment and services.
- Prepares RFIs, RFPs, and RFQs for goods and services. Evaluates supplier proposals and recommends
- Prepares and executes purchase orders and agreements for goods and services in support of company
- Plans, evaluates, and procures planned goods, raw materials and chemicals to maintain adequate
inventory levels to increase production proficiencies and on time completions.
- Coordinates the fabrication, heat treat, and material process requirements in accordance with FAA and
- Provides order updates to production, internal planning, and overhead department leadership.
- Expedites purchase orders as required to support employer customers (internal and external).
- Works directly with customers as a focal point for material status to keep production on track.
- Resolves issues pertaining to purchase orders: receiving, invoicing discrepancies and timely closure of
- Frequently communicates with suppliers to build and maintain positive, long-term supplier relations to
assure competitive pricing, quality, and delivery targets are met.
- Conducts Supplier Performance review in conjunction with strategic objectives.
- Interfaces with employer team members at many levels, up to and including middle management.
- Regular and prompt attendance.
- Effective and appropriate conduct with co-workers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Some travel may be required.
- May be required to work extended hours to meet deadlines and must be able to handle multiple high
- May include developing and delivering presentations to Senior Staff.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associates degree in related field preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Oracle experience strongly preferred.
- Service purchasing experience strongly preferred.