In a team oriented environment, performs all tasks in area of responsibility in a timely and efficient manner to ensure aircraft parts, sub-assemblies, major assemblies and installations are built to type design data.
- Preferable to be familiar with Solumina and Microsoft Office suite programs (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point)
- Preferable to know how to use Through Transmission Ultrasound (TTU - squirter) and Immersion systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 3 years related technical experience required.
- 1 year NDT experience on determining product acceptability required.
- Proficiency in blueprint reading/interpretation and shop mathematics required. MAUS-V, Phase Array, automated C-scan operation experience preferred.
- Other NDT Level II Certification in two (2) disciplines.
- Documentation is required to meet the training and experience hours required.
- Other NDT Level II minimum requirements in one (1) discipline.
- Documentation is required to meet the training and experience hours required ASQ certificate (American Society for Quality) preferred.
- Performs non-destructive tests (NDT) and determines product acceptability to the authorized limits of the NDT level obtained in accordance with prescribed methods and procedures.
- Records, organizes and evaluates test results and enter results into applicable documents.
- Ensures compliance to all radiation safety rules and regulations and provides protection to self and others during testing.
- Maintains equipment and assures calibration for tests to be performed.
- Maintains inventory control of area equipment.
- Works with and assists other NDT Technicians as required.
- Coordinates NDT inspection workload according to priorities, efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Provides technical assistance to subordinate level NDT technicians.
- Performs process control on area inspection equipment.
- Performs exposure room interlock safety checks, establishes radiation safety barriers, zeros pocket dosimeters, operates radiation survey meters and completes applicable survey logs and forms.
- Performs automated ultrasonic C-scan inspection of composite parts.
- Must be available to work any shift.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Method Level II Formal Training Hours for Certification
PT 32, MT 32, ET 80, UT 80, and RT (Film or non-film) 80
- Method Level II Experience Hours for Certification
PT 400, MT 530, ET 800, UT 800, and RT (Film or non-film) 800
- Method Level II Formal Training Hours Minimum Requirements
PT 16, MT 24, ET 50, UT 70, and RT (Film or non-film) 70
- Method Level II Experience Hours Minimum Requirements
PT 300, MT 430, ET 700, UT 700, and RT (Film or non-film) 700.