Under general supervision, perform activities related to numerical control (NC) programming, including machining methods, tooling concepts, and programs for NC milling machines and lathes.
- Documented proficiency with NC Mill function in CATIA v5 is required.
- Must be proficient with CATIA v5 modeling and drafting, competent with computer systems and programs.
- Highly organized and capable of handling a fast paced, continuously changing environment when task are redirected.
- SmarTeam experience is preferred, but not required
- Experience with aircraft interiors is a plus but not necessary. Understand engineering product structure (BOM)
- This position is for first shift, you may be asked to support other shifts as needed with notice.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 18 months of machining, planning, tool design, or related manufacturing experience.
- Conduct a thorough analysis of engineering drawings, tool design drawings, and/or electronic models, to determine the optimal machining methods, selection of machine tool, and material cut size.
- Interact with planners, tool designers, engineering, and customers as required, to finalize plan.
- Develop cutter motion logic per operation sequence, selecting proper spindle speeds and feed rates.
- Perform a thorough check on all aspects of the program and verify cutter paths through the utilization of Vericut.
- Develop operator set-up sheets for numerical control machines.
- Develop flat pattern mylars and templates as required.
- Produce 2-D Catia tool drawings as required.
- May represent department in contacts with other departments, and may be required. to coordinate efforts with vendors or customers.
- Assist in formulating Numerical Control policies, procedures, and specifications as required. .
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Good verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints.
- Familiarity with various machining methods, technical writing, and computer use.
- Must possess good drafting, math, and geometry skills.
- Must be proficient with Catia modeling, drafting, and Catia NC Mill function.