Assists with the planning, coordination, performance of design, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the development and production of employer products and services
- Must have stress analysis on primary aircraft structure.
- Experience in stress analysis on both metallic and composite aircraft structure is required.
- Must have experience in fatigue analysis on primary aircraft structures. Experience developing and substantiating aircraft structural repairs is a plus.
- Experience supporting MRB activities is a plus.
- CATIA V5 knowledge is required.
- Basic FEM knowledge is required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 10 years of stress analysis experience on a/c structure is required with Bachelors.
- Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters, 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
- Contributes to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects .
- Provides specialized technical assistance to team members .
- Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems .
- Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives .
- Works under limited supervision; work should only be required to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives .
- Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area .
- Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements .
- Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced degree in engineering related field preferred.
- The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline.