- Preferred candidates have Engineering MRB, stress analysis capability, and aircraft systems troubleshooting experience.
- The shift is 1st, 2nd, or weekend (and may change over time as production needs change).
Engineers in this role are responsible for providing structural, functional, and physical review and analysis for aircraft assemblies and processes to solve manufacturing discrepancies. Areas supported include aircraft assembly, composites, and/or metal bonding. Engineers will design repairs for production parts and perform developmental process qualifications. Those solutions focus on design integrity, ensuring aircraft reliability, serviceability, and maintaining certification requirements. Material Review Board (MRB) Engineering is the operational function
- Review part/assembly nonconformance rejections; develop repair design/action using appropriate analysis.
- Develop and write engineering disposition repair instructions.
- Troubleshoot and resolve operational/performance issues with propeller and jet powered passenger aircraft.
- Answer drawing/specification interpretation questions and provide general engineering support to production personnel.
- Responsible for adhering to company MRB and QA procedures.
- Additional duties as defined by department management.
- Perform Quality System data analysis and documentation in support of sustaining designs.
- Coordinate within Engineering Production Support, Supply Chain, and technical groups to develop technical resources for team usage.
- Must be self-motivated and demonstrate a strong ability to complete tasks in a timely manner without direct supervision.
- Participate in the development and improvement of processes and tools throughout company.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required in, Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering.
- Engineering Material Review Board / MRO / RDO experience preferred.
- 5+ years’ relative technical and engineering experience is required.
- Independent decisionmaker, self-starter
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Stress analysis skills
- Knowledge in mechanics of materials
- Professional and diplomatic demeanor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be proficient in MSOffice and CATIA or similar CAD software
- Must be able to competently interact with all levels of personnel