We are seeking an experienced Mission System Mechanical, Electrical and Software Engineers to provide mission systems integration design and verification for major vertical lift programs. Experience with Rotary Platforms is preferred.
This position focuses on the following areas:
- Coordinating with mission system suppliers in the development, integration, and testing of displays, communication and navigation systems, RF and EO/IR sensor systems, aircraft survivability equipment (ASE), weapon system integration, and autonomous teaming.
- The position also focuses on system and software integration, requirements management, systems specifications, interface management, system safety assessment, validation and verification testing in systems integration labs, aircraft flight test, and aircraft/system qualification and certification.
- Support all phases of development from initial proposal development through successful design, qualification, integration testing, flight test, and production.
- Creation of system architecture and system schematics.
- Collaboration with employer Engineers from other disciplines to include electrical power, flight controls, propulsion, airframe structures, rotors, fuel, hydraulics and drive systems.
- Analyze and resolve hardware/software integration issues as they arise
- Creation of system performance specifications, interface control documents, and test plans/procedures.
- Development of test requirements to drive systems integration lab and flight test aircraft instrumentation design.
- Perform hardware and software integration testing of multiple systems operating together in a systems integration lab
- Coordinate between employer engineering teams, suppliers and customers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering - or a Science, Technology, or a Math (STEM) discipline - is required.
- Major in Electrical Engineering or Software Engineering is preferred.
- Experience at all levels will be considered. Positions at various Engineering levels will be offered, depending on experience level.
- Experience in military platform avionics and mission system integration is preferred.
- Experience with qualification to standards such as RTCA DO-160, MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-883, MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-464, RTCA DO-178, DO-326A and RTCA DO-254 is preferred.
- Specific experience with some or all of the following is preferred.
- Targeting, Weapons, EO/IR Sensors, Radars, HUD/HMD, Aircraft Survivability Equipment (ASE) and/or Autonomous Teaming
- Communications Systems: VHF/UHF, SATCOM, TCDL, ICS
- Navigation: EGI, GPS, IFF, ADS-B, TCAS, ILS, TACAN, Radar Altimeter, Air Data, TF/TA
- Modular Open Systems Architectures, Model Based Systems Engineering, Open Standards (e.g. Future - - Avionics Capability Environment (FACE), Hardware Open Systems Technologies (HOST), Sensor Open System Architecture (SOSA))
- Familiarity with System Safety Assessments and Failure Hazard Analysis is required.
- Demonstrated engineering intuition, critical thinking, and comfort with ambiguity is required.
- Must have strong oral and written skills, as this position involves working with a diverse team of experienced professionals, customers and suppliers
- Must have the ability to work collaboratively in multi-disciplinary teams to define cross-functional interfaces, and conduct air vehicle level trade studies as designs move from concept to production
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a U.S. DoD Secret Clearance (Preferred)