Under minimal supervision, prepare, conduct, and evaluate for the implementation, programming and support of metrology equipment in tooling, program development and production. Assist with the improvements and problem solving for design and manufacturing issues related to tooling, material fabrication and assembly methods.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 18 months of Metrology Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Automation Engineering or related technical experience.
- Interpret & consolidate aircraft engineering, tooling designs and production requirements, to develop optimized measurement plans and processes.
- Under minimal supervision, develop programing for all measurement equipment that will be used in the development, manufacture and support of employer aircraft.
- Collaborate with engineering, tooling, manufacturing engineering and operations to determine optimal manufacturing procedures.
- Assist in developing and documenting standards for the handling and utilization of metrology equipment.
- Create standardized inspection reports through the utilization of Metrologic software.
- Study and optimize equipment performance for increased capacity and equipment efficiency.
- Interact and collaborate with equipment vendors on warranty repairs, necessary improvements and upgrades.
- Set up and utilize precision measuring tools; validates measurement results for accuracy and repeatability.
- Provide and/or contribute to the documentation of new or recent processes involving metrology techniques or equipment.
- Coordinate the implementation of projects between multiple organizations.
- Support all Safety, Sustainability and Ergonomic Initiatives.
- Work to improve daily processes, and ensures all work meets customer requirements. .
- Assist tool shop as needed, during periodic and conformity Inspections.
- Provide input toward the selection of metrology equipment and software.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of metrology equipment, software and current measurement techniques.
- Knowledge 3D CAD/CATIA modeling and an understanding of GD&T.
- Knowledge of Lean and/or Six Sigma principles.