Plans and performs installation of mechanical structural modifications, preventative maintenance, repair of mechanical and structural components for on military and commercial aircraft.
- Proficient in interpreting engineering designs and drawings.
- Proficient in reading aircraft Technical Orders and aircraft Time Compliance Technical Orders.
- Performs complex modification and installation of various equipment by modification of aircraft primary and secondary structures.
- Work independently with little to no supervision.
- Use complex hand tools and machine shop equipment.
- Provide technical direction, training, and guidance to other technical personnel as necessary.
- Supports development and utilization of mechanical fabrication and installation working aids and templates.
- Help planners and leadership to Identify and coordinate workflow opportunities and task assignments during the integration process.
- During aircraft modification; perform in-process inspection and closeout inspections for assembly and installation design conformance.
- Maintain FOD free environment.
- Comply with all Government, and employer policies and standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or graduate equivalency diploma.
- Minimum of twelve (12) years of significant experience in demonstrating installation, troubleshooting, and maintenance/repair of complex structural equipment.
- Must have experience working in modification teams.
- Provide technical assistance and collaborate effectively with other high-level technical personnel.
- Must have or be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance.
- Graduate of a technical school is preferred.
- We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform post offer, pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for certain periods throughout the day.
- Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands, working at heights with fall protection devices.
- Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds and carry for short distances.
- May be required to read dials/gauges, identify small objects and hand tools.
- Must be able to see imperfections, micrometer readings and other small scales.
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear.
- Must be able to distinguish color and judge three-dimensional depth.
- May be required to operate power vehicles, machinery, hand tools, ground support equipment, fork lift, APU, etc.
- May be required to work in varying temperatures and weather.