Assists with the planning, coordination, performance of design, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the development and production of employer products and services.
Required Design responsibilities primarily involve the design and development of new and/or derivative versions of interior furnishings and amenities as part of outfitting new, custom, and in-service aircraft.
Examples of experiences should include, but are not limited to:
- Custom Cabinetry (galleys, lavatories, vanities, closets, storage compartments)
- Interior peripheries (cabin liners, window panels, passenger service units (PSUs), dado panels, and side ledges)
- Miscellaneous (water/waste systems, oxygen systems, seating)
- Design and build models and prints demonstrating a complete understanding of construction methodologies required for component parts and assemblies to an end item level.
- Must understand and demonstrate knowledge of the product development process from concept to production and through sustaining.
- Design installations for the aforementioned commodities along with necessary airframe modifications to meet load requirements of the interior installation and should have the competency with Weight and Center of Gravity Analysis.
- Experience with Part 25 aircraft and some familiarity with Part 135 requirements.
- Engineering design work includes the creation of drawings/models using either CATIA V5 interconnected with SmarTeam.
- Makes technical decisions and provides recommendations demonstrating leadership authority.
- Additional responsibilities are outlined in the job description and as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 5 years in specific technical discipline or 10 yrs broad engineer experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors.
- Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters, 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
- Contributes to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects.
- Provides specialized technical assistance to team members.
- Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives.
- Works under limited supervision; work should only be required. to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives.
- Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area.
- Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements.
- Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product .
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced degree in engineering related field preferred.
- The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline.