Guides successful completion of major engineering programs, or conceives research in areas of considerable scope and complexity supporting the development and production of employer products and services.
- Mechanical Design experience needed.
- Requires Experience in validating 3D models, assemblies, installations and drawings produced by design engineers.
- Knowledgeable with cabinetry designs for ease of manufacturing & installing.
- Experience with aircraft engineering documents & process change(s).
- Experienced in documenting issues to help clarify engineering check comments to designer engineers.
- Competency with 3D Space analysis (Contact/Clash/Clearance) , Weight & Center of Gravity Analysis.
- Experience with 14 CFR Part 25 aircraft requirements and some familiarity with 14 CFR Part 135 requirements.
- Validation should be per engineering core principles, design standards, internal processes and best practices.
- Experienced in validating designs for form/fit/function to meet customer and design criteria, and should be knowledgeable with aircraft interior floor plan configurations with custom options and baseline cabinetry.
- EWIS experience is strongly preferred
- Should be experienced & an active participant in improving and developing processes for checking or design consistencies, and skilled to train others.
- Should be comprehensive and proficient in researching technical data e.g. hardware, machined parts, weldments, materials, finishes, consumables and standard part usage, & appropriate design application.
- Should have Designer experience with conceptual design development, cabinetry theory, creating 3D models and drawings / drafting.
- Should be experienced and efficient in utilizing CATIA V5 ( proficient with SMD, GSD, EHI workbenches) , SmarTeam, AutoCAD, Excel, Word and Power Point.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or technical related curriculum applicable to the respective job position required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 10 years in specific technical discipline or 15 years broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors.
- Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 years for Masters and 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
- Selects appropriate methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to resolve complex engineering issues.
- Is consulted extensively by associates and others as a recognized authority within the field.
- Anticipates and resolves complex issues in creative and effective ways, developing standards and guides for diverse engineering activities.
- Approach to problem solving balances technical product, cost and schedule.
- Works without appreciable direction; work is reviewed from a long-range perspective for desired results.
- Exercises latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments, and makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative.
- Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced degree in engineering, or related curriculum preferred.
- The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline.