Under limited supervision of the Manager of Procurement, the Material Estimator II position is responsible for the development and analysis of material estimates for proposals in support of current and potential business activities (New Development and Production proposals) in response to customer Requests for Proposal.
1. Prepare material cost packages that are statistically correct and can be supported through historical, empirical data and/or estimating theory.
2. Generate reliable cost estimates that accurately reflect the cost and customer requirements.
3. Organize data and estimates from various functional areas into cohesive, auditable and consistent cost packages.
4. Analyzes material estimates to ensure cohesiveness and consistency with the Proposal Action Plan and/or Requests for Estimate and compiles data into cost packages.
5. Prepares cost summaries outlining and summarizing material estimates contained in contract proposals.
6. Prepares and analyzes material pricing data to support audit requests and negotiation activities (sweeps, repricing, should costing, etc.).
7. Interface with suppliers and Company personnel and customer representative to support material proposal audits and contract negotiations.
8. Monitors proposal activities to assure customer/management expectation are met.
9. Develops material cost histories and estimates to support proposal packages, audits, and negotiations.
10. Ensures that material cost proposals and special studies are prepared in compliance with regulations and PSG Policy and Procedure.
11. Performs other duties as assigned by Management.
1. 4+ years relevant experience in Pricing, Estimating, or Supply Chain Role (military specifications, off the shelf, make to print)
2. General knowledge of Material Estimating theories, procedures and techniques
3. General knowledge of FAR/DFARS Government Procurement regulations
4. General knowledge of TINA Proposal guidelines, emphasis on FAR part 15.2.
5. Demonstrated ability to work in cross functional settings with Finance, Engineering, Planning, Programs, and Quality.
6. Ability to meet deadlines and interface with all management levels, organizations, and companies.
7. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
8. General knowledge of MRP systems.
9. Proven ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
10. Strong PC skills (Microsoft Suite)
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university;
- 4-7+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Post Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Additional education may counted toward required years of related experience.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.