Under direct supervision, perform various administrative and liaison functions relating to analyzing and initiating actions with Manufacturing Management, Shop Floor Material Control and Warehouse Operations. Work closely with Material Control, and other applicable organizations to coordinate and assist timely and accurate resolutions to associated production and inventory processes. Identify root causes and disconnects to help management develop resolutions to inventory inaccuracies, work order release issues, aircraft cost variances, material flow issues and Manufacturing positions with regard to the Master Production Schedule.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Materials Management, Operations Management, Manufacturing Engineering or related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Entry level.
- Related experience in manufacturing and/or materials to include one of the following preferred.: Inventory processes and control of all types of materials, Manufacturing shop floor material control, or warehousing.
- Communicate with supporting departments to ensure on-time delivery of required. materials to satisfy manufacturing requirements.
- Identify and analyze recurring critical path items to mitigate impacts to the production schedule; implement solutions to help remove barriers in order to improve production rates; respond to problem issues from customers and initiate actions to minimize negative impacts.
- Track, analyze, and status work in progress and inventory levels to ensure aircraft/inventory coverage; identify trends in production schedules and process issues; develop applicable reports and communicate recommendations to management.
- Interface with supporting departments to ensure integrity of schedules, job status, work order release and material shortages; ensure aircraft cost per work order, maintain back-flush / post-deduct inventory, work order status, and accurate inventory transactions.
- Provide Management with daily updates on aircraft flow, position drivers, critical path components, work order status and cost variances using applicable reports.
- Review and update MRP material master data to ensure accuracy of reorder points, lot sizes, production build durations, planned delivery time, processing time, safety stock levels, planner codes, etc.
- Develop and status recovery plans for forecasted and actual critical items; coordinate implementation of - Recovery Plans with Purchasing, Suppliers and Operations.
- Analyze and track material deviations to include cannibalization from aircraft or inventory, diversion of assets, material discrepancies, receiving discrepancies, quality issues and in-house completion processes. - Communicate with off-site coordinators and Mexicali representatives.
- Develop process measurements and reports as required.
- Act as a liaison between Materials, Requirements Planning, Manufacturing Engineering, Corporate Scheduling, Quality and Operations in order to achieve established production goals.
- Participate in Lean Manufacturing processes and complete Lean training as needed. .
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Requires extensive PC experience and knowledge of automated systems.
- Effective oral and written communications skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to operate personal computers; experience with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Products; Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- SAP experience desired but not required.