Perform a wide variety of complex mechanical installations, repairs and modifications on aircraft mechanical assemblies with minimal to no assistance.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, drawings, engineering dispositions and instructions.
- Ability to select correct parts, materials, tools, assemblies, standards, hardware, etc. to install, fit, fasten, align, adjust and perform the necessary pre-installation assembly work to accomplish the installation of top level assemblies requiring the use of production and engineering prints to determine exact locations
- Ability to identify, orientate, and then install aviation specific fasteners called out on technical documentation onto the appropriate substructures.
- Perform any repairs, rework and the incorporation of authorized changes. Remove and/or replace installed components and any related parts.
- Report job constraints such as: errors caused by workmanship, defects in parts, materials, assembly procedures, tools, sequences, etc., in accordance with procedures
- Exhibit exemplary housekeeping and Foreign Object Debris (FOD) standards
- Possess understanding and knowledge of basic computer systems and programs
- Ability stand for long periods of time, and work in elevated and/or confined spaces as required
- Obtain & maintain training certifications as required to support assignment responsibilities
- Must adhere to policy regarding PPE (personal protective equipment)
- Read, write, and comprehend the English language
- Lift less than 25 pounds (Occasional lifting of 21-35 pounds), bend and twist at the waist, walk, crawl, crouch, stand for long periods, kneel, reach, climb/balance, flexion/extension
- On occasion, a 2-person lift may be necessary for weights greater than 50 lbs.
- Rotation of head/neck, sitting, crawling, squatting, bend/stoop, lying down, and operate foot controls
- Occasional contact with metals Exposure to plastics and solvents to atmospheric conditions Frequent exposure to noise.
- Must have own tools. If hired, tools must be shadowed.
- Frequent overtime may be required
- With H/S diploma or GED must have aircraft manufacturing mechanical assembly experience.
- Aircraft experience preferred, DOD experience will be considered.