Under general supervision, the Logistics Specialist proactively supports operations and customer
support activities in their assigned area(s). Identifies critical items before they impact the completion of
production and maintenance schedules. Provides customer support to various areas within the Supply Chain group.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Moves and transports product using forklift.
- Performs daily Picklist-Pull Inventory and stages for production.
- Issues kits, parts and tools from counter or to production floor.
- Builds kits or consolidating parts for production.
- Performs daily transfers of parts from internal job to job for the shop support.
- Pulls in-house requisitions to fill demand from production.
- Restocks of pre-pick bins on the production floor as required.
- Retrieves off-units from production, inspects, and routes to the Warehouse.
- Retrieves and processes incoming Outside Service parts, Work Order and paperwork.
- Returns parts and tools at counter and reshelves.
- Runs ERP In-Transit report and verifies items have been issued.
- Fills out HAZMAT paperwork for items being transported to other on-site locations.
- Performs daily inventory cycle counts for accuracy.
- Maintains customer requirements in inventory accuracy and parts segregation.
- Performs inspection of flammable cabinets and partial racks for expired shelf-life items.
- Runs and processes Expired Materials report.
- Performs stores and warehouse internal inspections in preparation for live audits.
- Puts away recapped BFG parts and material.
- Puts away BFG New Receipt inventory.
- Transfers and puts away stock from receiving.
- Pulls RMA return requests for shipping to supplier.
- Performs harness inspections and processes requests for production as required.
- Monitor Email requests from Internal production and support departments.
- Responds to daily questions from production about parts, tooling and chemicals.
- Maintains up-to-date training in employer Plateau platform.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to read, comprehend and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance
instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to operate general office equipment including personal computer, fax, and copy machine.
- General knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions.
- Ability to solve practical problems.
- Good customer service skills.
- Ability to carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, and schedule form.
- Ability to use sheet metal shear, band saws, skill saws, hot knives, vises, and other common tools to
create tooling containers and shipping crates.
- Ability to use forklifts, pallet jacks, hand trucks, and other various material handling equipment to move,
stage, and deliver parts, tools, and raw stock materials.
- Knowledge of shipping systems including FEDEX, UPS and LYNDEN.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of one (1) year of inventory handling and control or warehouse operation experience
required, including operation of trucks, pallet jacks, and forklifts.
- Forklift certification required (must obtain certification within 60 days of hire).
- 49CFR and IATA dangerous goods training (compliant to employer requirements within 30 days of hire).
- Valid state driver’s license required.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND DEXTERITY:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to sit; use their hands and arms; and talk or hear; and focus on objects close up. The employee will also be required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.