In a team oriented environment, performs all laboratory testing in a timely and efficient manner to ensure aircraft material, parts & components are compliant with type design data.
This role will need to be familiar with assembly of aluminum parts, bushings, gears, and harnesses. Ability to review Catia models and identify assembly methods.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 6 years technically related experience to include three (3) years laboratory testing experience.
- Proficient in blueprint reading/interpretation, shop mathematics, and QA System requirements. ASQ certificate (American Society for Quality) Upon Hire preferred.
- Performs laboratory tests and determines product acceptability in accordance with prescribed methods and procedures.
- Records, organizes and evaluates test results and generate Lab reports.
- Ensures compliance to all safety rules and regulations and provides protection to self and others during testing.
- Maintains equipment and assures calibration prior to performance of tests. .
- Maintains inventory control of area equipment.
- Works with and assists other lab Technicians as required.
- Proficient in data input for Microsoft Access, Solumina, and Corridor.
- Ensures all measurement and test equipment utilized is accurate and calibrated to National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) standards.
- Develops procedures ensuring FAA, employer, manufacturer and industry requirements are met.
- Works with customers to solve complex technical or logistical problems.
- Able to work with little or no supervision.
- Perform other duties as assigned.