The Interior Installation Technician I works under close supervision to remove and install and/or fabricate aircraft interiors by using company operating procedures and quality standards.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safely perform aircraft removal, installation, and/or fabrication of aircraft interiors (galleys, closet, lavatories, side ledges, bulkheads, doors, and vanity ledge fill panels).
- Coordinate with supervision and Inspection to ensure compliance with Repair Station procedures, internal and FAA paperwork, signoffs, and quality specifications.
- Specific fit and installation tasks are to be completed in compliance with work order instructions and specifications.
- Use the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign off paperwork.
- Follow standard operating procedures when using tools and equipment such as hand tools, band saws, shears, sanders, and brakes. Properly care for and maintain shop equipment and tools.
- Comply with safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies and use personal protective equipment as required. Address unsafe conditions before putting people or property at risk.
- In support of aircraft certification and final phase testing, may include flight tests on aircraft as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Able to work any shift.
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small, restricted areas, and lift to 40 pounds.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must be a hard worker and willing to learn new task.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Applicable installation, fabrication or related experience or trade school preferred.