Assists with the planning, coordination, performance of design, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the development and production of employer products and services.
- Primary responsibilities involve engineering designs of new and derivative versions of electrical systems, components, wire harnesses and wire installations relative to interior furnishings and amenities as part of outfitting new aircraft.
- Examples include but not limited to: system & harness development for custom cabinetry (such as galleys, lavatories, closets, & storage compartments), interior peripheries, water/waste systems integration, oxygen systems integration, overall electrical wire routing, lighting, PSU, cabin liners, ledges/dados, entertainment equipment installations, and seating installations.
The preferred candidate will possess the below unique skills:
- Expereince with AutoCad, Capitol Harness Logic/XC &/or Mentorgraphics required
- Familiarity with aircraft cabin satellite communication (Inmarsat and Iridium), security and entertainment systems.
- Experience with power distribution, lighting, switching, wire sizing and routing.
- Experience with systems development, layout, logic and wiring diagram creation.
- Familiarity in mechanical system design.
- Ability to analyze Electrical designs in 3D models
- Catia V5 basic navigation experience.
- GV, GVI, & GVII electrical system design experience.
- 14 CFR Part 25, 91, and 135 Certification Experience relative for Cabin Interiors preferred.
- EWIS Certification familiarity & experience preferred.
- Familiarity with aircraft STC procedures preferred.
- Experience with electrical systems test plans and reports
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 5 years in specific technical discipline or 10 years broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors.
- Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters, 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
- Contributes to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects.
- Provides specialized technical assistance to team members.
- Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives.
- Works under limited supervision; work should only be required. to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives.
- Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area.
- Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements .
- Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product .
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced degree in engineering related field preferred
- The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline