Flight Controls Systems Engineers support the development of new and novel products and platforms, such as autonomous Urban Air Taxi and Product transportation/delivery systems.
This position will be located in Ft. Worth, TX.
The Flight Control Systems Engineer will be responsible for:
- Design and test of a Fly-by-Wire Flight Control Systems (FCS) with embedded software and complex hardware in a rapid development environment within a relatively small team working on cutting edge aerospace technology.
- Development of systems architecture, system and software design, redundancy management, electronic hardware design and integration, input sensor design and integration, and actuator design and controls integration.
- Development of unique air vehicle control mechanisms, autonomous systems and control algorithms, and flight control law integration.
- Requirements management, systems specifications, interface management, system safety assessment, verification and validation testing in desktop simulation and systems integration labs, and participation in aircraft flight test activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required
Must have at least two years of experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Embedded hardware and software design
- Electronic hardware, electric motor drive, signal conditioning, sensor integration, software implementation
- Data protocols – RS-422/485 UART, ARINC 429, Ethernet, SPI
- Experience with system architecture creation, design diagrams, interconnect diagrams, and interface control documentation
- Experience with creation of system specifications, requirements traceability, and verification
- Familiarity with avionics systems, inertial systems, electrical power, electro-mechanical actuation and controls
- Experience with flight control system development and testing in a lab environment
- Experience with aircraft installation, functional testing, and troubleshooting
- Experience with the following primary development environments:
- MathWorks MATLAB / Simulink.
- C/C++ code.
- Bench tools such as Oscilloscopes, Multimeters, Power supplies.
- Serena Dimensions / PVCS, Git.
- RTOS, Linux OS, or bare metal.