- This position is open to upcoming graduates.
Performs engineering work related to the investigation and the solution of technical problems associated with research, design, development, service and manufacture of employer aircraft.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering or related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job.
- 18 months of related Engineering experience.
- Experience credit will be considered for related advance degrees limited to 2 years for the Master's and 4 years for PhD in field applicable to the job position.
- Experience with Fly-By-Wire Flight Controls Systems.
- Exposure to FAR Part 25 certification, ARP4754A, or DO-178/DO-254.
- Advanced knowledge of one or more coding languages.
- Experience with Matlab and Simulink .
- Integration of electro-mechanical system components.
- Solves typical engineering problems within assigned discipline .
- Provides technical assistance to engineering staff and contributes to completion of project milestones .
- Responsible for a complex engineering assignment, or a full project of lesser complexity .
- Follows established schedules while developing plans for engineering assignments .
- Obtains appropriate level of supervisor approvals for work accuracy and adequacy .
- Proficiently applies company/organization policies and procedures .
- Actively works to improve daily processes, and ensures all work meets customer requirements.
- Maintains a current and up-to-date knowledge of developments and application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in assigned field of expertise.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- The level of technical skills and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline.
- Applies knowledge to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity, using a combination of judgment with defined practices and procedures.
- Failure to achieve results, or erroneous decisions or recommendations, may cause delays in program schedules and/or allocation of additional resources.
- Ability to convey technical concepts in both written and verbal formats.
- Contacts are primarily within the organization, with occasional customer contacts on routine issues.
- Works under general supervision for routine tasks of minor complexity.
- With supervision/mentorship, can coordinate the activities for lower level engineering staff.