Works on engineering projects containing critical problems, the solution of which requires major technological advances and extensive related development
The Flight Controls team is responsible for the design, development, integration, and certification of the employer Flight Control Systems across all large cabin programs. These systems are complex in nature and are designed by a highly cross-functional team of exceptional engineers in the areas of complex electronics, software, electrical and hydraulic actuation. We are seeking candidates with broad skillsets and various levels of experience to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work on one of the most challenging companies in aviation, from right here at our Savannah facility.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related curriculum applicable to the respective job position required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 13 yrs specific technical discipline or 15 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors.
- Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters and 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
- Responsible for an entire engineering project of major complexity within established scope.
- Makes technical decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative and have an important impact on extensive engineering activities.
- Applies advanced technical principles, theories and concepts based on broad expertise or unique specialized knowledge.
- Leads the development of innovative principles and ideas.
- Acts independently to determine improved methods and/or procedures to optimize technical product, cost and schedule requirements.
- Works under consultative direction; uses independent judgment to accomplish objectives.
- Develops standards and guides for diverse engineering activities.
- Conceives and plans investigation of broad areas of importance for which engineering precedents are lacking in areas critical to the program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced degree in engineering or related curriculum preferred.
- The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline.