Performs engineering work related to the investigation and the solution of technical problems associated with research, design, development, service and manufacture of employer aircraft.
The Structural Test team is responsible for executing tests in support of company and certification requirements for current and future employer products. Structural Test includes testing in support of aircraft structures, powerplant, electrical systems, mechanical systems, flight deck, and flight controls. Testing could include static and fatigue structural, flammability, or experimental.
Roles / Responsibilities:
- Maintain/Update test equipment (computers Servers, Desktops and laptops)
- Perform highly complex duties in the design, development, installation, upgrade, monitoring, and maintenance of the wired and wireless network infrastructure.
- Establishes network specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
- Establishes network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
- Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor.
- Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
- Upgrades network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
- Maintain/ inventory all active test equipment available in Structural Test through software/hardware lifecycle.
- Develop and maintain a SharePoint database website.
- Perform activities in support of static, fatigue, flammability, full-scale aircraft, component level, and coupon testing. Future plans.
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Willing to think outside the box to develop unique solutions to challenges.
- Excellent with multitasking and able to quickly shift priorities.
- Familiar with MS Office software
- Experience with Computer Hardware Maintenance.
- Understand, operate, and maintain Computer Hardware (Servers, Desktops and Laptops)
- Understand, operate, and maintain time synchronized Computer Networking (PTP/NTP/STP)
- Familiarity with Cisco Network Assistant Software.
- Understand, configure and manage Virtual Local Area Network
- Understand, operate Large Data Backup System
- Familiarity with software coding (MS Visual Basic, NI LabView , Phyton, PLC Codes (LD, SFC, FDB, ST or IL)
- Experience with MS SharePoint Software
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering or related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job.
- 18 months of related Engineering experience.
- Experience credit will be considered for related advance degrees limited to 2 years for the Master's and 4 years for PhD in field applicable to the job position.
- Solves typical engineering problems within assigned discipline.
- Provides technical assistance to engineering staff and contributes to completion of project milestones.
- Responsible for a complex engineering assignment, or a full project of lesser complexity.
- Follows established schedules while developing plans for engineering assignments.
- Obtains appropriate level of supervisor approvals for work accuracy and adequacy.
- Proficiently applies company/organization policies and procedures.
- Actively works to improve daily processes, and ensures all work meets customer requirements.
- Maintains a current and up-to-date knowledge of developments and application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in assigned field of expertise.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- The level of technical skills and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline.
- Applies knowledge to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity, using a combination of judgment with defined practices and procedures.
- Failure to achieve results, or erroneous decisions or recommendations, may cause delays in program schedules and/or allocation of additional resources.
- Ability to convey technical concepts in both written and verbal formats.
- Contacts are primarily within the organization, with occasional customer contacts on routine issues.
- Works under general supervision for routine tasks of minor complexity.
- With supervision/mentorship, can coordinate the activities for lower level engineering staff.