Electrical Design Engineer:
- Position involves work on aircraft interior design integration of electrical systems, components, and new avionic system installations.
- Experience with complete Interior cabin layouts and configuration is preferred.
- Candidate should be familiar with electrical systems such as, Switching Systems, Entertainment Systems, Galley Equipment, Monitors, Power Distribution, and Communication Systems.
- Candidate should have an understanding of wireless systems, to include Iridium, Inmarsat and High-Speed Data Systems.
- Basic aircraft systems such as Cockpit Charts, TCAS, EGPWS, ELT, Cockpit Alerting, equipment installation, and FMS knowledge preferred. Generation and review of Electrical Load Analysis for production and modified aircraft as it applies to the aircraft outfitting and system integration is a plus.
- Creation of electrical design specifications, test plans, and reports for new equipment required.
- Will work with direct supervision and must be a willing team member that will perform work accurately combining sound experience with a common-sense approach.
Under Direct Supervision - Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Selecting appropriate methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to resolve complex engineering issues
- Anticipates and resolves complex issues in creative and effective ways, developing standards and guidelines for diverse engineering activities
- Approach to problem solving balances technical product, cost and schedules.
- Exercises latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments and makes decisions and recommendations to management to determine appropriate direction
- Proficient in AutoCad.
- Office Products such as Power Point, Project, Word and Excel
- Familiarity with electrical drawing application to Supplemental Type Certificates and certification aspects of the data
- Familiar with CATIA V5-SmarTeam/Enovia.
- Will work with CHS/EWIS/EHI Methodology
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering or related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job.
- 18 months of related Engineering experience.
- Experience credit will be considered for related advance degrees limited to 2 years for the Master's and 4 years for PhD in field applicable to the job position.
Performs engineering work related to the investigation and the solution of technical problems associated with research, design, development, service and manufacture of employer aircraft.
- Solves typical engineering problems within assigned discipline .
- Provides technical assistance to engineering staff and contributes to completion of project milestones .
- Responsible for a complex engineering assignment, or a full project of lesser complexity .
- Follows established schedules while developing plans for engineering assignments .
- Obtains appropriate level of supervisor approvals for work accuracy and adequacy .
- Proficiently applies company/organization policies and procedures .
- Actively works to improve daily processes, and ensures all work meets customer requirements
- Maintains a current and up-to-date knowledge of developments and application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in assigned field of expertise.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- The level of technical skills and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline.
- Applies knowledge to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity, using a combination of judgment with defined practices and procedures.
- Failure to achieve results, or erroneous decisions or recommendations, may cause delays in program schedules and/or allocation of additional resources.
- Ability to convey technical concepts in both written and verbal formats.
- Contacts are primarily within the organization, with occasional customer contacts on routine issues.
- Works under general supervision for routine tasks of minor complexity.
- With supervision/mentorship, can coordinate the activities for lower level engineering staff.