Assists with the planning, coordination, performance of design, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the development and production of employer products and services
- Preferred Design responsibilities primarily involve the design and development of new and/or derivative versions of interior furnishings and amenities as part of outfitting new, custom, and in-service aircraft.
- Proficient in System level Wire Diagram/Schematic design for aircraft.
- Experience in Electrical System integration related to Aircraft Avionics, Lighting, and Audio/Video Entertainment systems.
- Must be experienced with design tools such as Capital Harness (CHS/XC), AutoCad, or similar 2D electrical design software.
- Ability to complete system level ELA (Electrical Load Analysis).
- Ability to develop or decipher technical and test specifications.
- Knowledge of 14 CFR 25 Subpart H - EWIS based design.
- Knowledge of Catia V5.
- Part 25 Certification experience for cabin interiors preferred.
- Familiarity with aircraft STC procedures preferred
- Ability to employ design standards consistent with company standards and accepted design methods as directed to meet the manufacturing, quality, and schedule requirements.
- Acts independently to determine improved methods to optimize technical product, cost, and schedule requirements.
- Additional responsibilities are outlined in the job description and as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 5 ys in specific technical discipline or 10 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors. Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters, 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
- Contributes to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects.
- Provides specialized technical assistance to team members.
- Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives.
- Works under limited supervision; work should only be required. to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives.
- Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area.
- Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements.
- Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced degree in engineering related field preferred.
- The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline.