Under close supervision, assist with the implementation, communication, and administration of human resources policies, services, and programs to increase employee effectiveness and to support functional unit/business partner.
- Experience with handling confidential records and adjudicating background checks is preferred.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 5 years demonstrated administrative experience preferably in an HR environment.
- Perform a variety of general Human Resources tasks in such areas as employee records, benefits, education/training, employee relations, staffing, compensation, and equal employment opportunity.
- Assist the Human Resources Manager and/or Staff with the consistent application of Human Resources and Corporate policies through the performance of a wide range of support duties, including but not limited to using word processing and advanced spreadsheet applications on a PC, filing, and other Human Resource functions.
- Collect and compile sensitive and confidential personnel information and/or statistics and prepares reports.
- In accordance with company policies and procedures, furnishes information to employees, authorized persons and/or agencies.
- Establish and maintain favorable working relationships within all employer departments to assist in effectively achieving department objectives, while responding to requests for reports, records and information in a professional and timely manner.
- Review, input and audit data in HRIS to support employee actions such as promotions, transfers, hires and terminations while maintaining the highest level of data integrity. Create, generate and distribute data queries as requested.
- May assist in the facilitation of the staffing process with hiring manager and applicants while complying with OFCCP regulations to include posting positions, reviewing applications, scheduling interviews and preparing job offers.
- May assist the training operations by coordinating new hire orientation, creating and completing class rosters, assisting instructors with class materials, and ensuring training equipment and facilities are maintained in an orderly and professional manner.
- May provide support by working with employees and management on various projects, data entries and routine assignments.
- May support a variety of HR systems such as, PeopleSoft, SumTotal, Crystal Reports, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- General knowledge of applicable state and federal laws.
- Demonstrated proficiency in grammar, spelling, typing, composition and math.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- HRIS system experience preferred.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Provide support with clear guidance and direction in dealing with employee issues.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to maintain highest degree of confidentiality, discretion and tact.