- In a team oriented environment, perform all tasks in Initial Phase Manufacturing, Composites, or Final Phase in a timely and efficient manner to ensure aircraft parts, sub-assemblies, major assemblies, and installations are built to type design data.
- Perform inspection duties utilizing engineering drawings and orders, work instructions, technical specifications, QA procedures and instructions, and other related documents.
- Perform preliminary and progressive inspections of aircraft structure and systems, verify functional operation, final inspections, inspect for FOD and verify paperwork. Witness, verify and document specified manufacturing process steps.
- Perform conformity/first article inspections to ensure compliance with FAA approved procedures.
- Perform transfer and consolidated inspections.
- Ensure the proper use and storage of area tools and equipment.
- Conduct work in a manner that enhances own/other employees health and safety, product safety and promotes risk reduction; participate openly in safety-related event investigations, and immediately report workplace hazards and make suggestions for control; cooperate and contribute toward the overall success of the Safety program at the local level.
- Provide on the job training for subordinate level inspectors.
- Coordinate inspection workload according to priorities, efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Provide technical support to manufacturing, engineering and IPT personnel.
- Perform duties of MRB signature authority.
- Perform area inspections to ensure compliance with applicable standards and specifications.
- Lead continuous improvement activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Proficient in GAC CATIA or blueprint reading and interpretation, GAC work instructions, technical specifications and GAC QA Manual.
- Competent in the use of all job related tools and equipment.
- Multi task. Attention to detail
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 3 years quality inspection experience required. 5 years manufacturing experience or equivalent aerospace experience preferred.
- Other Formal Inspection Training Program 90 Days required.