Assists with the planning, coordination, performance of design, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the development and production of employer products and services
- Liaison engineers will troubleshoot problems arising from the build, installation, and certification of employer aircraft interiors.
- Creation of corrective engineering for new and/or derivative versions of interior furnishings and amenities as part of outfitting new, custom, and in-service aircraft.
- Liaison engineering responsibilities includes updating/revising engineering data, creation of new engineering, and/or coordinating the corrective engineering to relevant parties.
- Additional duties include developing alternative design approaches, including establishing design verification.
- Successful applicant will be self-motivated, and able to develop an approach from initial procedure review, data processing, task optimization, and specifically communication of technical information to a wide range of audiences, meeting customer needs.
- Experience using CATIA V5 to create/update/modify design engineering drawings/models.
- Ability to employ design standards consistent with company standards and accepted design methods as directed to meet the manufacturing, quality, and schedule requirements.
- Candidates should have a willingness to work off-shift and weekend hours on occasion when program milestones require.
- Knowledge of 14 CFR 25 Subpart H - EWIS based design.
- Experience using SmarTeam a plus
- Experience routing and installing aircraft wiring systems and their integration into aircraft interiors using CATIA V5 EHI workbench is a plus.
- Ideal candidates for the Completions Liaison Engineer will have mechanical engineering experience with aircraft cabin interiors and systems.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 5 years in specific technical discipline or 10 yrs broad engineer experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors.
- Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters, 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
- Contributes to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects .
- Provides specialized technical assistance to team members .
- Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems .
- Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives .
- Works under limited supervision; work should only be required. to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives .
- Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area .
- Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements .
- Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product .
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced degree in engineering related field preferred
- The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline