Assists with the planning, coordination, performance of design, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the development and production of employer products and services.
Preferred responsibilities primarily involve the troubleshooting, design, and development of new and/or derivative versions of Cabin Systems Software and Electrical Systems as part of outfitting new and custom aircraft.
- Proficient in System level Wire Diagram/Schematic design for aircraft.
- Ability to effectively communicate between various Engineering departments, Vendors, and Shop Floor to provide information and solutions to Engineering issues, Aircraft build issues, Electrical issues, and Cabin Software issues as required.
- Ability to troubleshoot and provide solutions for Cabin Systems Software and Electrical Systems.
- Experience in Electrical System integration related to Aircraft Avionics, Lighting, and Audio/Video Entertainment systems to include AVDS, GCMS, Rockwell Collins Stage, and KA/KU Band systems.
- Must be experienced with design tools such as Capital Harness (Logic/XC), AutoCad, or similar 2D electrical design software.
- Ability to develop or decipher technical and test specifications.
- Knowledge of 14 CFR 25 Subpart H - EWIS based design.
- Knowledge of Catia V5.
- Makes technical decisions and provides recommendations demonstrating leadership authority.
- Ability to employ design revisions and new designs consistent with company standards and accepted design methods as directed to meet the manufacturing, quality, and schedule requirements.
- Acts independently to determine improved methods to optimize technical product and schedule requirements.
- Develops standards and guides for diverse engineering activities.
- Additional responsibilities are outlined in the job description and as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
5 years in specific technical discipline or 10 years broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors.
- Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters, 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
- Contributes to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects.
- Provides specialized technical assistance to team members.
- Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives.
- Works under limited supervision; work should only be required. to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives.
- Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area .
- Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements.
- Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced degree in engineering related field preferred.
- The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline.