- Under general supervision, fabricates the most complex cabinets and other
wood-surfaced subassemblies for installation in aircraft.
- Assists lead by overseeing projects and providing guidance, assistance and training to co-workers.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fabricates complex high quality furniture and other wood-surfaced subassemblies using stationary and hand held-tools. .
- Interprets material specifications and design/engineering drawings to ensure finished product meets design and engineering requirements with a high level of quality and detail. Coordinates with supervision to ensure compliance with customer approved design samples.
- Utilizes a variety of woodworking tools and techniques.
- Complies with and champions safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies and ensures the protection of aircraft interiors. .
- Works with lead and higher skilled technicians to develop and implement process improvements that increase safety, reduce, cost, cycle time, and man-hours using Lean Six-Sigma and other process improvement techniques.
- Utilizes the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work.
- Accepts Lead responsibilities when required. Mentors and trains lesser skilled technicians. .
- Oversees projects and coordinates with Lead to delegate tasks to assigned technicians. .
- Conducts safety audits and assists team members in doing safety audits.
- Assists in maintaining shop equipment and associated JSAs.
- Coordinates with other back shops when necessary.
- Adapts to sudden schedule changes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- The ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift.
- Must be computer literate.
- Advanced knowledge of cabinetmaking processes and products.
- Possess a working knowledge of employer inspection and process specifications preferred.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Catia and Smart team experience preferred, excellent knowledge of cabinet shop machinery, table saw, band saw, table router, etc.
- Must have excellent knowledge of aircraft furniture fabrication and assembly.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED required. 4 years of experience in cabinetmaking.
- Experience in aerospace industry preferred.