Under general supervision, fabricates aircraft furniture and other wood-surfaced subassemblies using aircraft specifications, design and engineering drawings with a high level of safety, quality, detail and productivity. Assists team members with greater experience to enhance techniques supportive of quality workmanship.
- Works under general supervision to fabricate furniture and other wood-surfaced subassemblies using blueprints, aircraft specifications and design/engineering drawings.
- Assembles, pins and glues cabinet shells. Installs drawer-slides, hinges, latches and other hardware in subassemblies. Applies exterior surface materials such as laminates, veneers, and cap strips.
- Uses various types of stationary and hand-held power tools to fabricate or disassemble furniture.
- Complies with all safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies. Uses personal protective equipment to protect aircraft interior.
- Uses the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work.
- Works with lead and higher skilled technicians to develop and implement process improvements that increase safety, reduce, cost, cycle time, and man-hours using Lean Six-Sigma and other process improvement techniques.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- The ability to read write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift.
- Must be computer literate.
- Craft the finest interiors in aviation
- Employer is looking for skilled cabinetmakers to craft unique designs in award-winning cabins.
- This position is for second shift. You may be asked to train during first shift and support other shifts as needed with notice.
- Basic Computer skill and woodworking/hand tools.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Basic knowledge of cabinetmaking processes, products and tools.
- Two (2) years experience in cabinetmaking.
- Experience in aerospace industry preferred.
- Possess a working knowledge of employer inspection and process specifications preferred.