Under direct supervision, learns and performs the basic skills and functions related to fabrication of aircraft cabinets and other wood-surfaced subassemblies using design and engineering drawings.
- Learns entry-level technical skills and knowledge, regulatory requirements and tooling used in aircraft cabinetmaking. Continues to develop technical competency and problem solving abilities to allow progression to the technician level.
- Using standard safety and operating procedures, design/engineering drawings, tools and other materials (laminates, veneers, cap strips), develops proficiency in the preparation and making of furniture.
- Utilizes the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off completed work.
- Complies with all safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies, uses personal protective equipment; ensures aircraft interior is protected. Assists in the development and implementation of related initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- The ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift.
- Must be computer literate.
- Craft the finest interiors in aviation.
- Available Positions in 1st, 2nd, and weekend shift, should have disposition to assist in other shifts as needed with notice.
- Furniture or Cabinet making experience preferred working with hardwoods, veneers and or plastic laminate.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Wood working, wood finishing or auto body & painting experience in a technical environment or completion of Technical Certificate in cabinet making preferred and/or completion in current year youth apprenticeship program, in area of expertise.