Under general supervision, prepares, applies, and touches up finish on aircraft furniture, aircraft specifications and design/engineering drawings. Assists lead by overseeing projects and providing guidance, assistance and direction to co-workers. Mentors and trains other Cabinet Finishers.
- Performs complex high quality repairs to finished surfaces of aircraft furniture in the shop and on-board aircraft. Applies finish to furniture using spray equipment and other manual/mechanical methods.
- Interprets material specifications to ensure finished product meets design and engineering requirements with a high level of quality and detail. Coordinates with Design group to ensure compliance with customer approved design samples.
- Complies with and champions Safety, 5S and housekeeping. Ensures the protection of aircraft interiors (PTP).
- Mentors and trains lesser skilled technicians.
- Works to develop and implement process improvements that address safety, reduce cost, reduce cycle time, and man-hours using Lean Six-Sigma tools.
- Utilizes the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and sign-off work.
- Assists in developing initiatives to meet individual OGSM requirements, as required.
- Accepts Lead responsibilities when needed. Oversees projects and coordinates with Lead to delegate tasks to assigned technicians.
- Conducts safety audits and assists team members in doing safety audits.
- Assists in maintaining shop equipment and associated JSAs.
- Develops YI@W (Your Ideas at Work) as the opportunities present themselves.
- Assists in monthly 5S audits.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Possess a working knowledge of employer inspection, process specifications and terminology.
- The ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must be willing to work second shift.
- Previous autobody or aircraft finish work preferred.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 4 years experience in wood finishing processes.
- Advanced knowledge of cabinet finishing processes and products. Experience in aerospace industry preferred.