With direct supervision, learns and performs the basic skills and functions related to aircraft cabinet finish preparation and application processes using design and engineering drawings.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Wood working, wood finishing or auto body and painting experience in a technical environment or completion of Technical Certificate in cabinet making preferred. and/or completion in current year youth apprenticeship program, in area of expertise.
- With direct supervision learns entry-level technical skills and knowledge, regulatory requirements and tooling used in the Cabinet Finish shop.
- Continues to develop technical competency and problem solving abilities to allow progression to the technician level.
- Using standard safety and operating procedures, design/engineering drawings, tools and other materials (sandpaper, polishes, adhesives, solvents, masking mediums), develops proficiency in the preparation and finish of furniture.
- Use the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work.
Complies with all safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies, uses personal protective equipment; ensures aircraft interior is protected (PTP).
- Assists in the development and implementation of related initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- The ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift.
- Must be computer literate.