Requires broad working knowledge of C- 130 aircraft systems to include hydraulics, structures & engines.
- Knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, and dial indicators, micrometers and support equipment, powered and non-powered.
- Knowledge in the documentation of AFTO 781forms or other service equivalent.
- Must be able to prioritize workload to maintain schedule requirements
- Ability to troubleshoot malfunctions, adjust, repair, or replace aircraft accessories
- Perform preflight, thru-flight, and basic post-flight maintenance inspections, perform as Refuel/Defuel, Jack and Tow Team Supervisor.
- Perform aircraft servicing to include, but not limited to Lox, Hydraulic and Engine Oil, service aircraft tire and perform aircraft lubes.
- Mechanic must also be proficient at all tasks required to launch and recover C-130 aircraft.
- Minimum 5 years of experience on C-130J and/or legacy C-130 models
- Engine Run Qualified is a plus. Technical/Functional skills:
- Must be able to be certified to operate self-propelled vehicles such as forklifts, scissor lifts, boom lifts and aircraft tow vehicles.
- Ability to obtain a secret security clearance, therefore all candidates must be a US Citizen.
- Must be able to read and write the English Language
- Must be able to work overtime, any shift, and weekends as required.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience required